January 16, 2020
The trim Wilson Combat X9S solid frame accepts an enhanced capacity double-column magazine but is smaller in size than most comparably size single-stack handguns. The sub-compact 10-round, double-column 9mm X9S magazine is based on the EDC X9 magazine that was developed jointly with Mec-Gar.
The new EDC X9S frame is expertly machined from solid T6-7075 aluminum and with a size and shape that is ideal for concealed carry use for shooters of most hand sizes. At 25.5 ounces unloaded and right at 30 ounces fully loaded, the Wilson Combat EDC X9S is light enough to carry for long durations but has enough frame mass that recoil management during rapid fire is greatly enhanced over other sub-compact 9mm handguns. Like the EDC X9, the EDC X9S can be field stripped without tools and can be completely disassembled using only a single punch.
The slim and flat EDC X9S solid frame with the Wilson Combat X-Tac tread pattern improves control with a non-abrasive, comfortable grip in all shooting conditions. An all-new, lower profile “concealment” rear battlesight, thumb safety, magazine release, and slide controls give the X9S a lower profile than the standard EDC X9. A medium-length trigger is standard, but three trigger-pad lengths are available on custom order to allow shooters to customize the X9S to suit their hand size. The EDC X9S is available for order with or without an accessory rail and most leather holsters for 3.25"-3.5" 1911 handguns will fit the non-rail version.
The EDC X9S sub-compact slide assembly retains Wilson Combat’s “Enhanced Reliability System” (ERS) for 9mm 1911s. The ERS is tailored to the varying power levels of 9mm ammunition and maintains impressive reliability in all conditions, even when heavily fouled and low on lubrication. Other cosmetic and performance features include a tri-top slide profile with user-replaceable front sight, single-lug, tapered cone match-grade 1911 barrel, reliability enhancing reduced frame rails and a rugged, user-serviceable external extractor. The hand-fitted 3.25” barrel design has the same match-grade accuracy potential as the larger EDC X9 handguns and is painstakingly tuned by our gunsmiths for flawless reliability with a wide variety of target and defensive ammunition.
All EDC X9S sub-compact handguns come standard with one 10-rd magazine and one 15-rd extended magazine with machined aluminum hard-use grip frame extension.
Wilson Combat EDC X9S Features and Specs:
- Available Calibers/Chamberings: 9mm
- Magazine Capacity: 10/15 rounds
- Barrel Length: 3.25”
- Overall Length: 6.75”
- Sight Radius: 5”
- Height: 4.5”
- Width: 1.25”
- Weight Empty: 25.2 oz
- Weight Loaded: 29.7 oz
- Accuracy Guarantee: 1.5” at 25 yds
- High-Capacity Sub-Compact Size Aluminum X-Frame with Reliability Enhanced Frame Rails
- Unique X-TAC Frontstrap/Backstrap Treatment
- Concealment Bullet Proof Hammer
- Concealment Bullet Proof Thumb Safety
- 3 ½# - 4 ½# Crisp Trigger Pull with Lightweight Medium Length Pad
- Concealment Bullet Proof Magazine Release
- Concealment Bullet Proof Slide Stop
- 3.25” Stainless Steel Tri-Top Slide with External Extractor
- Unique X-TAC Rear Cocking Serration Treatment on Slide
- Heavy Machine Chamfer on Bottom of Slide
- Concealment Battlesight with Fiber Optic Front Sight with 4-40 Hex Head Cap Screw
- 3.25” Stainless Cone Barrel with Reliability Enhancing Lock-up, Flush Cut Reverse Crown
- Fluted Chamber
- Fluted Barrel
- 30 LPI Slide Top Serrations
- Carry Cuts
Wilson Combat EDC X9S Options:
- Armor-Tuff Finish
- Sights – Green Fiber Optic, Red Fiber Optic, Tritium, Gold Bead
- Frame Type (Standard – Lightrail)
- Trigger Length – Short, Medium, Long (HO-X9TR-L for Long Pad – HO-X9TR-M for Medium Pad – HO-X9TR-S for Short Pad)
: EDCX-SC-9 For Standard Frame; EDCX-SCR-9 For Lightrail Frame