April 06, 2015
For the past year, engineers at Kahr Arms have been redesigning the company's existing line of premium pistols, and the result of their efforts is the new Kahr Gen2 Premium Series of pistols.
The new Gen2 Premium Series pistols are designed to be sleeker and more tactical in appearance than previous premium pistols and are also built with tighter tolerances for improved performance. Manufactured entirely in the U.S., the new pistols sport a number of upgrades.
Upgraded features available on all Kahr Gen2 Premium Series pistols include:
- shortened trigger stroke (30 percent shorter than previous premium model)
- integrated trigger safety
- accessory rail for lasers and lights
- Safe-Cam striker-fired action
- double recoil spring system for reduced felt recoil
- redesigned magazine base and grip for sleeker look
- slide machined from the highest quality of stainless steel available for firearms
- serial tag on grip frame
- ergonomic single-stack grip frame that fits most hand sizes from small to large
In addition to these features, several other upgrades will be available on select models. Five- and six-inch barrel models will incorporate front-slide serrations, while 3.5- and 4-inch barrel models will utilize TRUGLO TFX Tritium/Fiber-Optic Day/Night sights. One of the 5-inch barrel models will come equipped with tall target sights and a Leupold Deltapoint Red Dot mount for use with that optic (optic not included), and the 6-inch barrel models include a Leupold Deltapoint Red Dot optic. A 6-inch compensated barrel model is also available.
The Gen2 Premium Series pistols will be offered in 12 different models, with four barrel lengths and three calibers including 9mm, .40 S&W and .45 ACP. The new pistols will be priced from $976 to $1,668, with 9mm and .45 ACP models available in July/August 2015 and .40 S&W models available beginning in December 2015.
Enjoy articles like this?
Subscribe to the magazine.
Get access to everything Guns & Ammo has to offer.
Subscribe to the Magazine