January 27, 2021
The FN 509 Compact offers the performance of a full-sized pistol in a concealable size. With low-profile, snag-free sights, it's a great addition for everyday carry and a fit for in-the-waist holsters.
The pistol is 9mm and striker-fired, with 3.7-inch barrel, standard 12+1 and 15+1 capacity and the capability to accept higher-capacity FN 509 magazines. The improved controls aid in manipulation, the new improved texturing on the two included backstraps provides better recoil management, and a new flatter faced trigger enhances trigger control with a cleaner break.
In the above video, Guns & Ammo's David Faubion talks more about the 509 Compact with FN America's Tom Victa, as part of the 2021 SHOT Show New Product Premiere.
Check out even more about this pistol below:
- CALIBER: 9mm
- OPERATION: Double-action
- MAG CAPACITY: 10 or 12/15 Rd.
- WEIGHT: 25.5 oz.
- BARREL LENGTH: 3.7"
- OVERALL LENGTH: 6.8"
- TWIST RATE: 1:10" RH
- HEIGHT: 5" / 4.6"
- WIDTH: 1.35”
- TRIGGER PULL: 5.5 - 7.5 lb.
- SIGHT RADIUS: 5.6"
- MSRP: $679.00
- Full-sized performance in a concealed carry package
- Low-profile, High-Viz front dot
- Striker-fired autoloader
- Double-action operation
- Fully ambidextrous controls
- External extractor; loaded chamber indicator
- Aggressive FN 509 slide serrations for improved manipulation
- Cold hammer-forged stainless steel
- Recessed target crown
- Polished chamber and feed ramp
- Shortened grip for easier concealment
- Enhanced grip textures which enables faster follow-up shots in all conditions
- Interchangeable backstraps
- MIL-STD-1913 accessory mounting rail
- Improved flatter-faced trigger
- Fully ambidextrous slide stop lever and magazine release
- High visibility, low-friction follower; polymer base with black finish
- Comes with one 12-round and one 15-round magazine or two 10-round magazines
- Compatible with FN 509 17-round and 24-round magazines with appropriate magazine sleeves
Enjoy articles like this?
Subscribe to the magazine.
Get access to everything Guns & Ammo has to offer.
Subscribe to the Magazine