January 27, 2021
The Ruger PC Charger boasts features including a 6.5-inch barrel; an integrated rear Picatinny rail that allows for mounting of picatinny-style braces; a glass-filled polymer chassis system; a flared magazine well for improved magazine reloading capabilities; and an ergonomic pistol grip with extended trigger reach.
The glass-filled polymer chassis system allows for the use of standard AR pistol grips. These models utilize a CNC-machined, hard-coat anodized aluminum handguard with Magpul M-LOK-compatible slots at the 3, 6, and 9 o'clock positions for easy mounting of M-LOK-compatible rails and accessories. The 6 o'clock position of the handguard features a factory-installed handstop for secure support-hand placement.
These models also maintain several hallmark features of the original PC Carbine, including an easily interchangeable magazine well system that allows the pistol to accept Ruger Security-9 and SR9 magazines, as well as Glock double-stack magazines; a dead blow action with a custom tungsten weight that shortens bolt travel and reduces felt recoil and muzzle rise; a reversible magazine release and charging handle to accommodate right- or left-handed use; a simple takedown mechanism to allow for quick separation of the barrel/forend assembly from the action; a durable heat-treated, chrome-moly steel bolt; a cold hammer-forged chrome-moly steel barrel with ultra-precise rifling and a 1/2" x 28 threaded barrel.
The Ruger PC Charger models ship with the SR-Series and Security-9 pistol magazine well installed and an additional magazine well that accepts newer Glock magazines.
The standard model features a 17-round capacity, and an additional 10-round, state-compliant model also is available.
Ruger PC Charger Features:
- Integrated rear 7075-T6 aluminum picatinny rail allows for the mounting of Picatinny-style rail brace mounts.
- Chassis system features a Dared magwell for improved magazine reloading capabilities as well as integrated rear-mounted QD cups for the quick connection of QD cup capable slings.
- 6 o'clock position of the CNC-milled handguard features a factory-installed handstop for secure support hand placement.
- Easy takedown enables quick separation of the barrel/forend assembly from the action for ease of transportation and storage. Takedown is as simple as locking the bolt back and verifying that the pistol is unloaded, pushing a recessed lever, twisting the subassemblies and pulling them apart.
- Dead blow action features a custom tungsten dead blow weight that shortens bolt travel and reduces felt recoil and muzzle rise. Bolt is machined from heat treated, chrome-moly steel to ensure strength, structural integrity and durability.
- Cold hammer-forged, chrome-moly steel barrel with ultra-precise rifling provides exceptional accuracy and longevity. The heavy-contour barrel provides consistent accuracy.
- Threaded barrel with included thread protector allows for use of standard muzzle accessories.
- Light, crisp trigger pull with minimal overtravel and positive reset utilizing proven 10/22 trigger components.
- CNC-machined from an aerospace grade 7075-T6 aluminum billet, the receiver includes an integrated Picatinny-style rail and is Type III hard-coat anodized for maximum durability.
- Ergonomic pistol grip features an extended trigger reach for more precise trigger control.
- Also includes: one, SR-Series pistol magazine; hex wrenches for disassembly of the chassis system and pistol, and charging handle removal.
Ruger PC Charger Specs:
- Model Number: 29100
- Caliber: 9MM LUGER
- Handguard: M-LOK Attachment Slots
- Capacity: 17
- Weight: 5.2 lb.
- Barrel Length: 6.50"
- Overall Length 16.50"
- Stock Option: Takedown
- Sights: None
- Grip: A2-Style
- Barrel Feature: Threaded
- Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28
- Barrel Material: Alloy Steel
- Barrel Finish: Blued
- Grooves: 6
- Receiver Material: Aluminum Alloy
- Receiver Finish: Type III Hard-Coat Anodized
- Twist: 1:10" RH
- Available in CA: No
- Available in MA: No
- UPC: 7-36676-29100-7
- Suggested Retail: $799.00
For more information, visit ruger.com.
Enjoy articles like this?
Subscribe to the magazine.
Get access to everything Guns & Ammo has to offer.
Subscribe to the Magazine