January 13, 2023
The Colt CBX precision rifle is the newest product launch from Colt, looking to offer a precision-built platform for competitive shooting. Two chamberings are supported at launch: 6.5 Creedmoor and .308 Winchester.
“Our engineers excelled in the design of the CBX Rifle,” remarked Jessica Treglia, Colt Manufacturing's director of commercial products. “We’ve created a premium precision rifle worthy of the Colt name.”
Colt noted that the popularity of chassis rifle systems among competitive shooters influenced their design of the CBX. The CBX rifle is customizable for a shooters’ fit, and its modular configuration accommodates aftermarket accessories including suppressors, weights, AICS magazines and optic mounts. The CBX’s user-adjustable length-of-pull and comb height allow shooters to achieve a custom fit. The rifle’s aluminum chassis features a 15-inch extended forend with an ARCA rail and M-LOK slots for mounting accessories.
An aggressive barricade stop helps establishes a solid shooting platform in any position. Ergonomic enhancements include an angled pistol grip, built-in thumb shelf, QD cups and an ambidextrous magazine release.
The CBX rifle system features a flat-bottom receiver, while its 60-degree bolt throw allows for faster cycling times and increased optic compatibility. It also features an ergonomic two-position tang safety and user-adjustable (2.5 pounds to 5 pounds), trigger.
The Colt CBX’s barrel is carbon steel and button-rifled. The 6.5 Creedmoor sports a 26-inch barrel, while the .308 Win uses a 24-inch barrel, and both feature 5/8-24 threaded muzzles with thread protectors. A black nitride treatment protects barrels from corrosion while providing a matte finish.
Other features included with the CBX rifle system are a 1-piece Picatinny rail with Remington 700-pattern scope mounts and a detachable five-round Magpul AICS magazine.
Colt backs the CBX Precision Rifle with a sub-MOA accuracy guarantee. “We are proud of the CBX rifle platform and know shooters will love how it performs,” added Treglia. The CBX Precision Rifle is available from Colt now through dealers nationwide.
Colt CBX Precision Rifle Features:
- Flat-bottom receiver reduces flex and improves accuracy
- AICS magazine compatible (includes 5-round Magpul® magazine)
- Black nitride barrel finish protects against corrosion
- Carbon steel, button-rifled barrel with ballistically optimized length and twist
- Ergonomic 2-position safety
- 60° bolt throw for faster cycling times and increased optic compatibility
- 1-piece Picatinny rail – Rem700 compatible
- Aluminum chassis with a user-adjustable length of pull and cheek weld
- Extended forend (15”) with ACRA rail and M-LOK® slots
- Aggressive barricade stop
- User-adjustable trigger (2.5-5lbs)
- Pistol grip, thumb shelf, QD cups, ambidextrous mag latch
Colt CBX Precision Rifle Specifications:
- Barrel Length: 24” .308 Win; 26” 6.5 Creedmoor
- Weight: 10.75lbs (unloaded)
- Capacity: 5+1
- Twist Rate: 1:10RH 6 GR .308 Win; 1:8RH 6 GR 6.5 Creedmoor
- OAL: 47” .308 Win; 49” 6.5 Creedmoor
- Trigger Pull: 2.5-5 lb (user-adjustable)
- MSRP: $1,899
Enjoy articles like this?
Subscribe to the magazine.
Get access to everything Guns & Ammo has to offer.
Subscribe to the Magazine