November 28, 2023
Ultimately replacing the acclaimed PPQ family of semiautomatic pistols, Walther’s PDP platform has become the brand’s flagship handgun. Available in configurations for duty and defense, concealed carry and even competition, the PDP has been nothing short of a homerun for Walther and an exemplar of ergonomics and excellent triggers among its polymer-frame, striker-fire peers. Standing out in the lineup are the F-Series pistols. Available in 3.5- and 4-inch configurations, the F-Series PDPs were designed for shooters with smaller hands or reduced grip strength. In particular, Walther consulted with women in firearms industry, honing the F-Series to fit their needs. Changes included a reduced grip circumference, shorter trigger reach, and an easier-to-rack slide assembly made possible by an innovative two-piece striker system. The end result has been a hit with male and female shooters, alike. Now, qualified purchases of any PDP pistol will also include 100 rounds of ammunition to help buyers save money and shoot more.
Check out the offer at Waltherarms.com/freeammo
Walther PDP 9mm
- Type: Recoil operated, striker fired, semiautomatic
- Cartridge: 9mm
- Capacity: 15+1 rds. (Compact); 18+1 rds. (Full Size)
- Barrel: 4 in. (Compact); 4.5 in. (Full Size); polygonal rifling
- Overall Length: 7.5 in. (Compact); 8 in. (Full Size)
- Width: 1.34 in.
- Height: 5.4 in. (Compact); 5.7 in. (Full Size)
- Weight: 1 lb., 8.4 oz. (Compact); 1 lb., 9.4 oz. (Full Size)
- Sights: 3 white dots, adj.; optic ready
- Trigger: 5 lbs., 9 oz. (tested)
- Safety: Trigger safety; striker safety, disconnect safety
- MSRP: $649
- Importer: Walther Arms, 479-242-8500, waltherams.com
Enjoy articles like this?
Subscribe to the magazine.
Get access to everything Guns & Ammo has to offer.
Subscribe to the Magazine