March 05, 2020
By Guns & Ammo Digital Staff
Leica PRS 5-30x56i Riflescope
The new Leica PRS 5-30x56i riflescope’s magnification range of 5x to 30x offers many uses for both competitive settings and long-range sport shooting and hunting – at extended distances and under the most difficult conditions. Maximum optical performance gives a shooter high light transmission (>90%) high contrast images while maintaining increased eye relief and color fidelity, giving the shooter the ability to concentrate fully on the target in any conditions. The reticle’s large adjustment range in the first focal plane also gives the shooter the ability to shoot at extended ranges.
Both the elevation and windage turrets exhibit well defined tactile clicks that are accurate and precise throughout its entire range. Thanks to tool-free zeroing of the turret, precision sport shooters can react quickly and flexibly to different conditions. What’s more, the shooter can either activate the “zero stop” function or configure it individually, adapting the riflescope to custom requirements without the need for additional tools.
The functional design of the PRS 5-30x56i is also geared to the needs of long-range shooters: Made exclusively of robust metal components, it is extremely rugged while maintaining mechanical precision. Leica PRS Riflescope Features:
- 6x zoom for flexible use during long-range sport shooting and competitions
- 32 mrad (>100 MoA) adjustment range of the reticle in the first focal plane
- Tool-free zeroing of the turret scales, onboard tool for “zero stop”
- Multi-turn elevation turret with rev indicator
- Leica PRS 5-30x56 i L-4A - $2,699
- Leica PRS 5-30x56 i Ballistic - $2,699
- Leica PRS 5-30x56 i PRB - $2,699
Leica Geovid 3200.COM Rangefinding Binoculars
The Leica Geovid 3200.COM rangefinding binoculars now come with Bluetooth connectivity, ranging to a true 3,200 yards
Hunters and precision long range shooters who want to hit their targets reliably over long distances, at the range or in the mountains in every weather condition, require reliable, repeatable ballistic readings – within fractions of a second. The Leica Geovid 3200.COM with Bluetooth measures precisely to a true 3,200 yards on non-reflective targets. As a binocular and rangefinder, it combines precision and performance with a new more robust Bluetooth platform.
Using the new Leica Hunting App, the Geovid 3200.COM can now be quickly and easily adjusted and managed. Linking to a “Kestrel Elite” wind meter also allows you to utilize advanced “Applied Ballistics” incorporating your personalized ballistic values. Connectivity with the Apple Watch via your smartphone also means that ballistic data and correction values can be transmitted silently and error-free. For precise, repeatable, measurements you can rely on – anywhere and anytime. Leica Geovid 3200.COM Features:
- Precise repeatable rangefinding up to a true 3,200 yards – even on non-reflective targets indifficult weather and light conditions
- 3 output formats: EHR, holdover and number of clicks
- On board sensors give air pressure, temperature and angle readings.
- German engineering, robust materials and the highest-quality optics for lasting value and a lifetime investment.
- Easily manage onboard menu and individual ballistics data with the Leica Hunting app
- Connection to “Kestrel Elite” wind meter gives the ability to utilize “AppliedBallistics” solutions out to 3200 yards.
- Silent and error-free data transmission to the Apple Watch via smartphone
- Geovid 8x42 3200.COM - $2,949
- Geovid 10x42 3200.COM - $2,999
Leica Rangemaster CRF 3500.COM
Ballistic rangefinding has never been easier: Create your individual ballistics profile quickly and conveniently using the Leica Hunting app. With the Rangemaster CRF 3500.COM, precision long-range shooters and hunters in all environments receive precise, reliable rangefinding up to 3,500 yards – in fractions of a second, at the touch of a button on any type of target. This makes the Rangemaster CRF 3500.COM an essential partner for all precision long-range shooters and hunters.
The Class 3R laser enables reliable, repeatable measurements up to an unmatched distance of 3,500 yards – even in difficult weather conditions on all types of targets. By connecting to the “Kestrel Elite” weather meter, you can utilize advanced “Applied Ballistics” technology for even more precise results. Connecting to the Apple Watch additionally enables silent, error-free data transmission between spotter and shooter. This unrivalled combination of industry leading optical quality, the latest Bluetooth® platform and full ballistic functionality in compact, rugged design makes the Rangemaster CRF 3500.COM the most powerful rangefinder in its class.Leica Rangemaster CRF 3500.COM Features:
- Maximum ease of use
- Improved performance up to 3,500 yards on all targets
- Connects to the Kestrel Elite and the Apple Watch
- Easily managed with the Leica hunting App
- Weather-proof robust sleek design
Leica Amplus 6 Riflescope Series
Featuring 6x zoom and reticle illumination in a 30mm design, the Leica Amplus 6 combines high quality optical performance in a feature rich and robust construction for everyday all-around use.
Leica Amplus 6 balances premium optical performance with rugged features and is complimented by the sharp illuminated dot, 6x zoom, large exit pupil and wide field of view. The robust design makes the Leica Amplus 6 ideal for uncompromising use in any situation, even in the most adverse conditions.
The extra-precise, illuminated reticles of the Amplus 6 ensure fast target acquisition and a particularly sharp and brilliant image of the illuminated dot - without annoying over-radiation. This means that users always have a clear sight picture, even in challenging light conditions. The Leica L-4a reticle serves as a tried and true universal hunting reticle for precise shooting. The Leica L-Ballistics reticle enables precision shooting at longer distances. Both reticles are in the second focal plane.
When developing the Amplus 6, Leica placed great emphasis on the high-quality components of the functional elements. ‘Ferdinand Mogwitz, Product Manager Hunting Optics at Leica Camera AG, commented: “The Amplus 6 ensures reliability and precision at the critical moment. We rely on the proven Leica DNA: color-neutral images with brilliant color correction, effective stray light suppression, highest-quality and modern coating technology, as well as shock-resistant housing and unrivalled surface finish. This makes the new Amplus 6 series a reliable tool for everyday all-around hunting situations.”
Leica Amplus 6 Features:
- 6x zoom for all essential hunting situations
- Wide field of view of up to 38m for a perfect sight picture
- High light transmission of more than 90 percent
- Particularly precise reticle illumination
- Generous eye relief up to 90mm
- Large exit pupils up to 12mm
- Amplus 6 1–6 x 24 I, 4a - $1,199 (available April 2020)
- Amplus 6 2.5-15x50i, 4a - $1,399 (available April 2020)
- Amplus 6 2.5-15x50i, 4a BDC - $1,449 (available May 2020)
- Amplus 6 2.5-15x50i, Ballistic BDC - $1,449 (available June 2020)
- Amplus 6 2.5-15x56i, 4a - $1,449 (available April 2020)
- Amplus 6 2.5-15x56i, 4a BDC - $1,499 (available May 2020)
- Amplus 6 2.5-15x56i, Ballistic BDC - $1,499 (available June 2020)
- Amplus 6 3-18x44i, Ballistic BDC (MOA) - $1,399 (available Aug 2020)
Leica Sport Optics has unveiled its first ever thermal imaging camera designed specifically for hunters: the Leica Calonox. Launching this August, the Leica Calonox will be available in two versions: As a pure hand-held observation device – The Leica Calonox "View" - and as a mounted device on a riflescope – The Leica Calonox "Sight".
Similar in design to conventional digital cameras, thermal imaging cameras emit infrared radiation as a heat signature that is not visible to the human eye. With the new Leica Calonox thermal imaging cameras, the terrain can be searched for huntable game in the dark or in difficult light conditions. The Leica Calonox models offer a large field of view with a high detection range and high-contrast imaging.
The Leica Calonox "Sight" mounted header device can only be used in conjunction with a conventional riflescope and is therefore equipped with 1x magnification. The Leica Calonox "View" offers a high recognition range, while the wide field of view is ideal for close-up work thanks to the large sensor (640x480 pixels) at 2.5x basic optical magnification. Both models have a 42 mm lens and are extremely light at around 500 grams. A permanently installed rechargeable battery with a minimum operating time of 6 hours serves as the power supply.Leica Calonox Features:
- Operating time of at least 6 hours
- Magnification Leica Calonox "View": 2.5x
- Magnification Leica Calonox "Sight": 1x
- Objective diameter: 42mm
- Dimensions: approx. 170x60mm
- Ergonomics and design - practical and user-friendly
- High-resolution sensor (640x480 pixels)
- OLED display with 1024x768 pixels
- Integrated rechargeable battery
- Leica Calonox “Sight” - $3,999
- Leica Calonox “View” - $3,999
For more information, visit https://us.leica-camera.com/.
Enjoy articles like this?
Subscribe to the magazine.
Get access to everything Guns & Ammo has to offer.
Subscribe to the Magazine