The Taurus G3c features a contoured palm swell, highly textured grip panels, memory pads for precise and repeatable finger/hand placement, as well as a sculpted, extended magazine base plate. To assist in tactical mag changes in the event dust or grit prevents the magazine from dropping freely, the G3c mag extension includes easy-grip bevel cuts.
Among its many ergonomic features, the G3c offers the 3rd generation trigger system found in the G3, redesigned with a flat trigger face to concentrate finger pressure on the front of the shoe for a straighter pull. This feature allows for shorter trigger reset as well, to promote the delivery of quicker follow-up shots while minimizing trigger jerk.
To assist in operation for shooters of all hand sizes, the G3c has an upgraded slide design that includes both front and rear serrations. This ensures a more positive grip while manipulating the slide for charging, clearing, and makes press-checks easier in ill-lit or dim conditions. For normal light conditions, a visual chamber indicator replaces the mechanical indicator, reducing parts and streamlining the slide profile.
The G3c slide is treated with a Tenifer finish to minimize scuffing and maximize corrosion resistance, ultimately reducing friction for smoother operation.
Front and rear sights on the G3c have also been upgraded to all-steel construction to withstand the rigors of daily carry. The rear sight is drift-adjustable and includes serrations to reduce glare. The G3c is also upgrade-compatible. The rear dovetail is cut with dimensions that accept common aftermarket sights.
The G3c comes from the factory in 10- or 12-round capacities with three magazines included. Available separately are 15- and 17-round factory magazines available at Taurus.
Taurus G3c Specifications:
- Caliber: 9mm Luger
- Capacity: 10- or 12-round
- Slide Finish: Tenifer matte black
- Operational Controls Finish: Black teflon coating
- Grip/Frame: Polymer
- Firing System: Single action with restrike capability
- Action Type: Striker
- Safety: Manual, trigger safety, striker block
- Sights Front: Fixed (white dot)
- Sights Rear: Serrated drift adjustable
- Slide Material: Alloy steel
- Overall Length: 6.3"
- Overall Width: 1.2"
- Overall Height: 5.1"
- Barrel Length: 3.2" (stainless steel)
- Weight: 22 oz. (unloaded with magazine)
- Magazines Included: 3x10rounds or 3x12rounds
- Packaging Size: 9.8" L x 6" W x 1.8" H
- Packaging Weight: 33.20 oz.
- Additional Feature: Picatinny Rail (Mil-STD 1913)
- MSRP: $305.74
For more information, visit www.taurususa.com.
Taurus G3c Accessories:
N82 Tactical Taurus G3c IWB Holster
Built on a leather form, the N8 Tactical OT2 holster comes with a suede backing and a moisture-proof neoprene core situated between the two. The suede backing is comfortable on bare skin or when worn over thin shirts while the neoprene core prevents moisture buildup in warm carry conditions.
Also available for the new Taurus G3c pistol is the FLEX IWB magazine carrier.
Rival Arms Tritium Sights for Taurus G3c Pistol
Originally listed as sights for Glock platform pistol slides, the current assortment of Rival Arms tritium night sights (excluding the narrower models designed for the Glock model 42, 43, 43x, and 48) are compatible with the Taurus G3c factory slide.
Rival Arms handgun sight models available for the Taurus G3c:
- RA1A231G – 3-dot, standard height, white front sight ring.
- RA1B231G – 3-dot, standard height, orange front sight ring.
- RA3A231G – 3-dot, suppressor/co-witness height, white front sight ring.
- RA3B231G – 3-dot, suppressor/co-witness height, orange front sight ring.
- RA4A231G – In-line, standard height, orange front sight ring
- RA4B231G – In-line, standard height, white front sight ring
CrossBreed Updates Product Line for Taurus G3c
CrossBreed Holsters has updated their product listing to include fits to accommodate the new Taurus G3c.
- Reckoning (Holster, System, and Limited Edition)
- Reckoning Upgrade Kit
- Hybrid MT2
- Freedom Carry
- Purse Defender
- Pac Mat
- Ohai Mag Carrier
- IWB Mag Carrier - Single and Dual
- OWB Mag Carrier - Single and Dual
- The Accomplice Mag Carrier
TRUGLO TFX, TFX PRO, and TRITIUM PRO Sights for the Taurus G3c
TRUGLO, Inc. announced that all varieties of TRUGLO sights are available for the Taurus G3c pistol.
TRUGLO Sight compatibility for the Taurus G3c:
- Tritium Pro Orange – TG231G1C
- Tritium Pro White – TG231G1W (Standard height) TG231G1MW (Tall)
Technical note: while the front sight and the rear sight dovetail cut are compatible with additional TRUGLO Glock-style sights (TFO, TFX, TFX PRO, Fiber-optic, etc.) the body of the sight extends past the rear of the slide and these sights are not recommended for this model.