The full-size Taurus G3 9mm semi-auto pistol succeeds their popular G2c pistol as the 4-inch barrel configuration consumers have been asking for. Though full-frame in size, the G3 continues the polymer-frame profile and concealability of the G2c, making it well-suited for everyday carry (EDC).
Consumers will appreciate features such as stippling patches across the grip, an ergonomic palm swell and side-frame Memory Pads to enhance control and repeatable hand positioning. In an effort to minimize clothing snags, the Taurus G3 sports uniform beveling along the front of the slide and frame combined with a steep contoured bevel along the back of the slide. Front and rear machined serrations along the slide ensure a no-slip grip for cartridge chambering and slide manipulation. Additional slide features include a drift-adjustable rear sight, loaded chamber indicator, steel guide rod and spring assembly, and the choice of carbon steel or stainless-steel finish.
The Taurus G3 frame incorporates an integrated Picatinny rail, and both a manual safety and slide release lever are positioned above the thumb for easy manipulation. The G3 offers second-strike capability and the 6-pound trigger is designed with a smooth take-up and clean break in addition to a short reset to promote quick follow-up shots.
The Taurus G3 is available in six different models, offering the consumer a selection in slide finish and magazine capacities. Magazine options include two 10-round mags, two 15-round mags, or one 15- and one 17-round mag. The G3 has an MSRP of $345.23 or $360.70, depending on model configuration.
Taurus G3 Specifications
- Caliber: 9mm Luger
- Capacity: 10, 15, or 17 (with extended magazine)
- Finish: Matte Black / Matte Stainless
- Grip/Frame: Polymer
- Firing System: Single Action with Restrike Capability
- Action Type: Striker
- Safety: Manual and Trigger Safety, Striker Block
- Sights Front: Fixed (White Dot)
- Sights Rear: Drift Adjustable (White Dots)
- Slide Material: Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel
- Slide Finish: Matte Black / Matte Stainless
- Overall Length: 7.30"
- Overall Width: 1.25"
- Overall Height: 5.20"
- Barrel Length: 4.00"
- Weight: 25 oz. (unloaded)
- Magazines Included: 2x10, 2x15, or 1x15 and 1x17
- Additional Feature: Picatinny Rail (MIL-STD 1913)
For more information, visit taurususa.com.