Job Opening -- Associate Online Shooting Editor
October 04, 2012
InterMedia Outdoors, Inc. is a multi-platform media company. We publish 15 outdoor-oriented magazines and we have the outdoors market's leading online digital network, 11 top-rated television series, syndicated radio shows, consumer events, and a brand-driven merchandising business.
We are seeking a full-time Associate Online Editor. The primary role is to maintain IMO's shooting websites. The position will be working under the structure created by the Online Editor-in-Chief. This position is an entry-level position.
Duties & Skills include:
- Contribute daily updates, unique multimedia content and fresh ideas; manage comments, post news, and aggregate relevant content
- Manage online publishing work-flow and promotion on social media per the direction of the Online Editor-in-Chief
- Create, edit and write blurb for all e-newsletters for IMO Shooting sites
- Manage content positioning on all pages of hunting sites, including archive pages and home pages
- Develop system for content maturation from live date to archive date per the direction of the Online Editor-in-Chief
- Edit all incoming stories from freelance writers and bloggers
- Maintain editorial calendar and assist writers with content creation
- Reformatting existing magazine content -- copy, photos, graphics etc., and uploading it using various content management systems
- Light graphics production and photo editing
- Development and maintenance of the team's editorial calendar for hunting
- A strong passion for shooting and experience in the field with guns and shooting tactics
- Knowledge of AP Style, editing protocol and best practices of journalism
- Knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and other graphics programs
- Technically proficient and able to quickly understand new workflows, publishing and content management platforms such as Drupal, Krang, Wordpress and Brightcove
- Strong interest in technology, marketing, website publishing/production and content creation
- This position requires some overnight travel (three to five trips per year) as assigned.
- A journalism or communications degree is preferred.
Full-time employees are offered a competitive salary, as well as benefits which include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), STD, LTD, and life insurance. Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary history/requirements to email@example.com.
No recruiters please.