SIG Sauer Enhances Commemorative Engraving Program
June 23, 2014
On June 17, 2014, SIG Sauer announced enhancements to their Commemorative Engraving Program. Qualified units, departments or organizations can display messages of service, membership, pride or achievements with a customized firearm.
Eligible participants can work with SIG Sauer to design commemorative handguns and rifles and receive discounted pricing on orders of at least 25 handguns or 15 rifles.
To be eligible, participants must be one of the following:
- Active or retired law enforcement officer with official agency credentials
- First responder
- Active duty or retired military of any rank with a military ID
- Correction officer (including parole and probation officers)
- State licensed armed security officer or a member of a licensed security company
- Court judge, district attorney or deputy district attorney
- State, county or city official with official agency credentials or documentation
- NRA firearms instructor
- Credentialed nuclear security officer
- Member of another approved organization (i.e., corporate groups, shooting clubs, etc.).
The SIG Sauer Commemorative Engraving Program offers four levels of customization to those able to participate: Standard, Silver, Gold and Platinum. The Standard and Silver levels allow for customization of both pistols and rifles, while the Gold and Platinum engraving packages only apply to pistols.
The levels of customization break down as follows:
- Standard level includes one insignia and one line of text on pistols and rifles.
- Silver level includes one insignia, one line of common text and one personalized line of text for pistols and one insignia and one line of personalized text for rifles.
- Gold level incorporates engraving with selective gold plating, floral pattern scroll work, two insignias on the top of the slide, one line of common text and one line of personalized text.
- Platinum level features engraving with selective gold plating, high luster titanium bonded finishes, patterned scroll work, engraved Hogue grips, two insignias on top of the slide and three lines of text.
More information about the Commemorative Engraving Program will become available as it is released.