Will Hayden: How to Buy, Sell and Build Class 3 Weapons

Will Hayden: How to Buy, Sell and Build Class 3 Weapons

Since the show has been on air, we've been asked about a million different ways how we legally build and sell some of the full auto and downright powerful guns we roll out at Red Jacket. There's also been a lot of people wondering how some of our customers can get their hands on our class 3 guns. Well, we've been doing it for a long damn time and have been trying to build in segments of the show addressing the subject, but we realize some folks want to know more.

Here's a few quick important notes:

  • Class 3 firearms include machine guns, short-barreled rifles, short-barreled shotguns, suppressors, destructive devices and Any Other Weapons (AOWs).

  • The tax for privately manufacturing any class 3 firearms is $200. Transferring requires a $200 tax for all class 3s except AOW's, for which the transfer tax is $5.
  • To legally possess a class 3 weapon you must complete a transfer of registration within the NFA registry.
  • There are two ways for you to legally buy a class 3 gun. The first is by transfer after approval by ATF of a registered weapon from its lawful owner residing in the same State as the transferee. The second is by obtaining prior approval from ATF to make NFA firearms.

Take a look at this video and let me know if you have any more questions about how to buy, sell or build class 3 weapons.

Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction


Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services


GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.